When you have a house with dogs, sometimes this means that they are going to fight. It is your job to make sure that you are able to keep them from fighting or getting into a situation that will escalate quickly. Pets are like our children and that means that like them, we have to gently guide them not to poop on the carpet and fight from time to time. Here are some steps that will help you keep your dogs from fighting.
- Remember to Trust Your Instincts! This means that you want to make sure when you see things begin to escalate that you are able to stop things before they continue to get out of hand. When you do this you will be able to see before a fight is about to start. You will be able to look at their body language and you will see how things are going with them. You will notice that you are able to stop this behavior before anything else begins.
- Make Sure That You Keep Your Cool! It is important to realize that you have a job to do and that means that you need to be completely cool and ensure that you are ready for whatever may ensue. You cannot do this if you are not focusing on the right things at the right time.
- Do Not Scream At the Dogs! This is a waste of time and it will not help you. You need to make sure that you are focused on how to break them up. The dogs will not listen to you and that means that you are going to just waste your energy in something that is fruitless.
- You Want to Break Up the Dogs Without Getting Hurt! It is very important to realize that you need to be very careful as well because it is completely possible to get hurt if you are not paying attention to what you are doing and that means you need to be safe.
- Get a leash! This will allow you to get control over one of the dogs quickly.
- Dogs will be focused on one another which mean that you will have enough time to go behind the dog and clip the leash onto the collar; this requires that the dog has a collar.
- After you do this, you will want to drag the dog to something that you can hook the leash to; when you do this you are creating a circle of separation between the two dogs.
- You want to make sure that you go behind the back legs of the second dog and pull it away as well so that you will be able to protect yourself as well as pull back the other dog.
- Then pull one of the dogs into a pen so that the two are separated.
When two dogs are fighting, it is very important for you to realize that you can end up in the middle of the fight if you are not careful and you do not know what to do. What that means for you is that it is mission critical that you take the utmost care to make sure that you are able to break up the fight without ending up in the center of the fight. That can be very challenging to do. One of the main reasons that you want to make sure that your dog is wearing a collar is so that you can hook a leash to it in a situation like this as it is the only way that it is possible to make sure that you are able to break up the fight and know that the pets are going to behave properly. It is not uncommon for a person who is trying to break up a fight to instead end up in the middle of it and have to deal with some bites and wounds. Remember when you see a fight to always act quickly and remember that as much as dogs are our best friends, they are not people. That means that we need to treat dogs as though they are smart animals but animals nonetheless. Without this sort of immediate action, there will be problems because you will end up in the middle of a fight. After this is over as well it is important to look back at the dog and see if he or she may need some training.