Current Job Openings
We’re looking for reliable, honest, hard-working, team-oriented pet sitters who are committed to providing top-notch care for pets and their humans. Pet sitters must enjoy exercising dogs outside as well as playing fetch in the backyard. Inside playing with cats and dogs giving belly rubs and kitty cat hugs. You must have a genuine love for all pets. This position provides a great opportunity for students, moms, retirees, and others to earn supplemental income.
Duties of the position:
- Have a big heart for animals.
- Safely walk 1 to 2 leashed dogs from their home and back.
- Provide care for pets as assigned, even in less than desired weather conditions.
- Able to perform visits in the dark. Certain times of the year it’s dark in the morning and early evening.
- Encourage desirable home and walk behaviors using positive training techniques.
- Intervene and supervise interactions between dogs in multi-dog households when necessary.
- Be alert to signs of health problems, and inspect pets for injuries using the tail to nose protocol.
- Follow all feeding and medicating instructions, and make sure pets have fresh water on every visit.
- Monitor home security during each visit.
- Use smartphone application (Location On) to check into and out of visits, journal and take photos of pets electronically using the app on each visit.
- Respond promptly to texts, emails, phone calls regarding scheduling.
- Love dogs, cat, and small exotics.
- Responsible, reliable, patient, nurturing and caring
- Good decision-making and judgment skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Great time management skills
- Takes directions from others
- Ability to function well as a team member
- Able to work some holidays.
- Computer with internet access and email
- Smartphone with a data plan and GPS
- Have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- Own reliable transportation
- Willingness to put mileage on your car traveling between visits
We train our team, although, it’s a plus if you have:
- An understanding of dog and cat behavior
- Ability to read dog body language
- Training, walking, or dog daycare experience
- Ability to give medication to pets orally and or injections
Become a part of the 2 Paws Up Inc Team, and you’ll be:
- Spending your days with some of the most delightful creatures on the planet
- Making a positive difference in the lives Gwinnett & DeKalb County pets and their owners
- Enjoying the support of the training process
- Furthering your education through Fetch Find Approved
- Walking dogs in the great outdoors, and kitty cat kisses and care
- Feeling safe, covered by our bonding, insurance, and workman’s compensation
- Earning a commission when you bring in new clients or staff
- Enjoying the camaraderie of a team of other like-minded pet care lovers and providers
- Bonuses for working holidays and customer tips
Interested in joining our team? Complete the application today.