You can schedule, change, or cancel services in four ways:
- Log into your existing profile in our scheduling software. 2 Paws Up Inc. If you need your username or password reset, just let us know, but please do not create a new profile if you’ve used our services before.
- Text us. Our text number is 770-695-3096. Send us a message and we’ll book your services for you and email your confirmation. Remember if you don’t receive a confirmation, the visits are not scheduled.
- Email us. Send us an email to email@example.com and we’ll book your services for you and email your confirmation.
- Call us. Call 770-695-3096, and we’ll book your services for you and email your confirmation. Remember if you don’t receive a confirmation, the visits are not scheduled.
Please do NOT schedule any services, changes, or cancellations directly with your Pet Sitter to ensure accuracy and services fulfillment. Our pet sitters/employees sign a non-solicitation contract. Remember if you don’t receive a confirmation, the visits are not scheduled.
- Visits canceled with less than 24 hours notice will be charged the rate of one visit. Visit canceled with at least 24 hours notice will result in a credit applied to future pet sitting visits. No refunds will be given.
- Dog walk/run by 8:00 am will result in a credit applied to future pet sitting visits. No refunds will be given.
- Overnight Visits – you must provide 5-day notice from the start of the appointment to cancel any or all overnight visits. No credits or refunds will be given if overnights are canceled after the 5 day notice period from the start of the appointment.
- All reservations over the holiday periods require a 5-day cancelation notice before the start of service. No credits or refunds will be given if visits are canceled within an appointment without a 5-day notice from the start of that appointment.
- Holiday Overnight Visits – you must provide a 7-day notice from the start of the appointment to cancel any or all overnight visits. No credits or refunds will be given if overnights are canceled during holiday periods.
Credits given as a result of canceling with the required notice will be held on account for 6 months. After 6 months, the credits will no longer be available. No Refunds.
- 2 Paws Up Inc accepts Visa, MC, DISC, AMEX for payment.
- Registration Payment $25 for all new clients is due at the Meet and Greet.
- Non-Holiday Appointments will be charged 3 days before the start of services.
- Holiday Appointments will be charged 2 weeks before the start of services.
- If any appointment is extended after the appointment has already begun, the Credit Card on file will be charged at the time visits are added.
- Please do not pay Pet Sitters directly for services. All payments should be paid directly to 2 Paws Up Inc.
- Although not required, if you wish to tip the Pet Sitter, please write a separate check-in the Pet Sitter’s name or leave cash for your pet sitter. Gratuity can also be charged within the appointment and added to the charged total at the time of scheduling.
- A $25.00 late fee may be added to your invoice for late payments.
- Credit cards will be charged automatically for future appointments booked, 3 days before the start of service.
Surcharge and Extra Fees Policies
A last-minute booking surcharge of $10 will apply for all same-day service requests.
A holiday surcharge of $20 will apply the following holidays: New Year’s Eve, New Years Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
Specific time requests are an additional $5 per visit. Due to unpredictable traffic, our sitters have a 30-minute window to arrive at the requested time.
The client is responsible for all expenses incurred such as purchasing supplies or pet food in their absence and must reimburse 2 Paws Up Inc.
2 Paws Up Inc will not pay in advance for emergency pet care. Let credit card information in a sealed envelope on the counter for the veterinarian (Only use in case of an emergency). 2 Paws Up Inc will transport this letter with the pet to your veterinarian and or emergency room veterinarian. 2 Paws Up Inc will not pay any Veterinarian bills or deposits.
We must have the alarm codes, password, and alarm company name, and phone number in our secure online reservation system. If we do not have this information in our system, we will not be responsible for any false alarms. Alarms must be in good working condition with no numbers sticking or not working properly.
If alarm information changes at any time, it is the Client’s responsibility to update the information directly in the online profile or contact 2 Paws Up Inc office with the information. It is not enough just to inform the pet sitter.
For reliable service with the least liability, it is required for 2 Paws Up Inc clients to obtain and utilize a key storage lock box to hold two sets of keys to their residence to ensure that a backup key is always available. Clients should purchase one with at least a four-digit code that either easily hangs from a doorknob or railing, or is wall mounted. You do not need to put the lockbox on your front door; you may attach it to your fence, put it on your back porch, or hide it in another secure location on your property.
A secure lockbox provides you with the peace of mind that your key will always be secured at your home. Benefits include:
- Keys will no longer be in the hands of your pet sitter/walker where they could get lost, and remain safely stored at your premises
- If you move you can take the lockbox with you
- Our pet care personnel will have immediate access to your home in an emergency
- Most lock boxes are reinforced to withstand weather, saws, and hammers
- Change the code whenever you need
- Lockboxes can be purchased at most hardware stores and some home goods or retail stores. We can provide you a lockbox for $25.
- You can also schedule our key pick-up $20 and drop-off service $20. 2 Paws up Inc WILL NOT retain a copy of your house key unless it is for Mid Day Walks. We can’t leave the key in the house on the last day of service due to unexpected changes in travel plans. This way we can have access to the house if an extra visit is needed. If you ask your sitter to keep a copy of your key, 2 Paws Up Inc will not be held responsible for it.
We prefer to use lockboxes for several reasons:
- We feel that your key is much safer in a locked box on your property than in your pet sitter’s car or home.
- Keys being lost by service companies (pet sitters/dog walkers, house cleaners, etc.) is not uncommon. The reality is that anything can happen.
- Other mishaps may occur as well: your pet sitter/dog walker’s car or home may be broken into where your key was being kept; your pet sitter may be in a car accident, and keys could be ejected out of the car.
- Rest assured all keys are labeled with a 4 to 6 digit code with no client names or address on the label.
- Plus, if your pet sitter has an emergency and is unable to complete your visits, we will always be able to send a backup pet sitter if your key is on your property.
- If your pet sitter/dog walker has your key and he or she is unreachable, we will not have access to your home for pet sitting/dog walking.
Using a key lockbox eliminates many of these potential problems. Further, our lockboxes are yours to keep so that you may use them for friends and family arriving, or if you are locked out of your home, or for other service companies doing work at your house. If 2 Paws Up Inc has a key for your home and you have not used us in over one year, 2 Paws Up Inc may destroy all keys and entry devices associated with your account.
If 2 Paws Up Inc is required to employ a locksmith to gain entry into your premises due to a malfunction of the lock or failure by you to provide working keys, you are responsible and agree to reimburse 2 Paws Up Inc $125 for the costs incurred in gaining access to pets and home. 2 Paws Up Inc is expressly given the authority to employ a locksmith on your behalf in the event of the aforementioned occurrences.
- All reasonable efforts will be made to provide the agreed-upon services, inclement weather (e.g., snow or ice), national emergencies, acts of God, or other circumstances beyond our control may delay or prevent pet sitter visit(s). In such a case, the client and/or emergency contact person will be notified so that other arrangements can be made, if necessary.
- To ensure the safety of our pet sitters and the community, we initial our inclement weather plan when localities close schools due to potentially dangerous weather conditions. When initiated, we announce our inclement weather plan for that day and specific weather concerns on our Facebook page and via email. During inclement weather situations, our midday dog walking services may be canceled and our pet sitting service schedules may be altered.
- We ask that all clients provide us with an inclement weather emergency contact that can care for your pets in the event we cannot access your home. Your emergency contact should be able to walk to your home and have working keys for entry. All visits that are canceled as a result of inclement weather are credited to your account forward future services.
- We also ask that you consider your pet sitter’s safety by clearing steps and walkways of ice, snow, and debris as well as designating a neighbor to do so when you are traveling. Please also note that your sitter is empowered to shorten exercise time during heavy rainfall and lightning and/or thunderstorms or extreme heat. In such cases, exercise time will be replaced with indoor playtime and TLC.
It is a client’s responsibility to update their client information including emergency contact information and pet details including veterinarian information and feeding as well as medication instructions, alarm codes, lockbox codes, and location. Pet sitters will follow these detailed instructions to provide the best care to your pets.
If you need your username or password reset, please let us know. Do not create a brand new profile.
Emergency Veterinarian Care
All clients are required to complete the Veterinary Treatment/Information Authorization form. If you have not completed this form, the following protocol will occur:
- 2 Paws Up Inc will make every effort to contact you prior to an emergency veterinary care decision to receive your authorization. If you cannot be reached promptly, you authorize 2 Paws Up Inc to approve medical and/or emergency treatment (excluding euthanasia) as recommended by a veterinarian.
- 2 Paws Up Inc will not make a deposit or pay for services. It will be the client’s responsibility to leave in a sealed envelope your wishes and payment information for your pets. This sealed envelop will be given directly to the veterinary office/service/emergency clinic.
- 2 Paws Up Inc is released from all costs and fees incurred as a result of emergency veterinary care and you agree to pay such fees to all parties rendering emergency care.
- 2 Paws Up Inc is authorized to purchase any foods, medications, or related items recommended by the veterinarian.
- 2 Paws Up Inc will be reimbursed by the client for expenses incurred plus any reasonable necessary additional fees for attending to a pet emergency, as well as, any other reasonably necessary related expenses.
Scheduling Care When Office Is Closed
Our regular office hours are Monday through Friday, from 9 am to 4 pm. If you need to schedule services when our office is closed, you can schedule pet care 24/7 on your pet care portal https://2pawsupinc.petssl.com/login or call the office 770-695-3096 and leave your name, number, and a detailed message. We check voicemails every day. You can also send us a text 770-695-3096 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you DO NOT receive a CONFIRMATION your visit is NOT CONFIRMED, and your pets WILL NOT HAVE BEEN SEEN. Call our office and leave us a message before leaving town.
Requesting An Emergency Visit
Sometimes emergencies happen. However, during COVID-19 we need to have a 48 Hour Advance Notice if the owner, Barbie, has never seen your pets.
Our team approach to coverage ensures that your pet is always taken care of at the scheduled time. Should your pet sitter be sick or have car trouble, we can have another pet sitter/dog walker complete the pet visit in a timely manner.
Photographic(s), Videos, Recording Release
I grant to 2 Paws Up Inc, its representatives, and employees the right to take photographs of me and/or my pet(s), and to copyright, use and publish the same in print and / or electronically. I agree that 2 Paws Up Inc may use such photographs of me and or my pet(s) with or without my name for any lawful purpose, include, for example, such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and the web to include social media content. The image and or voice may be copyrighted, used and/or published individually or in conjunction with other photography, video works, and recordings, and any medium (including without limitation, print publications, public broadcast, CD-ROM format, and for any lawful purpose, including without limitation, trade, exhibition, illustration, promotion, publicity, advertising, and electronic publication and or print.
Be sure to always check your confirmation schedule for the correct dates. If you find you are delayed on your return time, contact the office immediately by text, phone, and or email. Be sure to receive notification from the office that your message was received and we will continue service.
Safety of Your Pets and Others
For the safety of your pets and others, pets must have current vaccinations. Should the pet sitter be bitten or otherwise exposed to any disease or ailment received from the client’s animal, it will be the client’s responsibility to pay all medical costs and damages incurred by the victim not covered by Workmans Compensation Insurance. You can submit your vaccination record on the 2 Paws Up app under the Submit Vaccs tab. Download our app at the App Store or on Google Play.
- Due to the extreme unpredictability of animals, 2 Paws Up Inc and pet sitters/dog walkers cannot be held responsible for any unusual mishaps (i.e. pets refusal to take medications, escaping from the yard, biting, eating or destroying household items, damage to inside/outside of the home, personal injury/accidental death). If the client requests pet(s) to have outside access, the client releases 2 Paws Up Inc and Pet Sitters / Dog Walkers from all liability for loss, injury, or death to pet(s). The client is liable for injury or damage to third parties and their pets.
- The client authorizes 2 Paws Up Inc and pet sitters/dog walkers to photos of clients pet(s) for their file. All photos taken are the property of 2 Paws Up Inc.
- Visit times are approximate and subject to change based on the needs of all pets under pet sitters care. Pet sitter is entrusted to use the best judgment in caring for pet(s) and home, in the event of an emergency, inclement weather, or natural disaster. 2 Paws Up Inc and pet sitter/dog walker will be held harmless for consequences related to such decisions.
- For the protection of our pet sitters/dog walkers, the client may not attempt to hire 2 Paws Up Inc Pet Sitter / Dog Walker independently. Our Pet Sitters / Dog Walkers sign a binding agreement and are not permitted to work with anyone who has been a client of 2 Paws Up Inc for 2 years beyond their contract termination date.
Cancelation of Agreement
2 Paws Up Inc reserves the right to terminate this agreement at any time before or during its term if pet sitter/dog walker determines that the client’s pet(s) pose a danger to the health or safety of herself/himself or others. If concerns prohibit pet sitter/dog walker from entering or caring for a pet, the Client authorizes pet to be placed in a kennel with all charges to be charged to the client. You will be notified that we have contacted your emergency contact person will be notified to transfer pet(s) to a kennel.
2 Paws Up Inc and pet sitters/dog walkers agree to provide the services stated in this agreement in a reliable, caring, and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services, the client expressly waives and relinquishes any claims against 2 Paws Up Inc except those arising from negligence or willful misconduct on the part of 2 Paws Up or Pet Sitters / Dog Walkers.