There are literally hundreds of reasons why we cat parents love our cats. Ask any cat lover why they love cats so much and you’ll likely get an earful of reasons. You might even be subjected to tons of cute cat pics and videos. That’s because not only do we love our furry felines but we love to show and tell others how much we love ‘em.
My fellow cat fanciers out there might be a bit let down by the brevity of this post. But, I like to keep things short and sweet. Besides, this isn’t really written for cat lovers. After all, cat parents know why they love cats. They don’t need to be told―for them it’s all perfectly natural. It’s all about the sheer joy and wonderment they receive each day from their beloved cats.
No, I’m really writing this for everyone who likes pets in general, as long as they aren’t cats. So, this piece is about 7 reasons why we love cats. And, it’s written for those animal lovers who aren’t so enamored with cats. My fellow cat lovers will understand.
We Love Cats Because
- Kittens are the definition of cuteness. They exude cute. They make us smile and warm our hearts with their playful antics. They play till they’re exhausted then jump into our laps to win our hearts with their bright eyes and soothing purrs.
- We are privileged to share our homes with cats and they are so good at constantly reminding us of that fact. How so? They jump into our laps to warm us on cold winter nights. They entertain us to make us laugh and smile when we’re down. They are chicken soup for our bodies, minds, and spirits.
- We become terribly fond of kittens and, as they grow into adulthood, we totally share our lives with them. As we brush their coats each day, we caress them and tell them our innermost secrets and dreams. We are so enamored with our cats that, should they miss a meal or fail to come around, a panic grips our hearts till we hear their familiar sound.
- Everyone has heard that cats have 9 lives. I truly believe that they do. Cats are curious about everything which can get them into a lot of trouble. Cat in a tree; cat jumping onto a hot stove; cat getting into a tight space―just to name a few. But, by the same token, they are amazing escape artists. They always somehow manage to get out of jams. Their antics, their curiosity, their bravado―you’ve just gotta love ‘em!
- Dare I say it? Cats are kinda like dogs. No, they don’t bark or act goofy when you drive up or walk in the door. But they will greet you at the door with purrs and shin rubs. They love it when you come home, they missed you. After all, there’s only so much perching and window sunning that a cat can do in a day! Besides, now that you’re home, they know that mealtime is coming soon.
- Our cats are not just aloof, furniture scratching, hairballs as some folks might think. They are beautiful, purring, intelligent pets that love and entertain us every day. Even the biggest cynics can’t resist smiling when a playful cat chases a laser toy or frolics in catnip.
- We love our cats and, unlike dogs, cats are low maintenance. They don’t require a lot of space and they are cheap to feed. We can leave them alone at home all day and they don’t panic or get lonely. They are great company for themselves and cats don’t have to go outside to run and potty like dogs.
There are many reasons why we love our cats. But, short of boring everyone with an over-long list, I hope this brief article explains some of our love of cats―especially to all those who fancy dogs but aren’t so fond of felines.
If we can be of any pet service to you at 2 Paws Up please feel free to contact us anytime. We provide loving care for dogs, cats, birds, and exotics of all kinds so please check us out!