Facbook Live Video:
Considering that you are a parent to your pet, it is important to do all that you can to make sure that you can offer him or her the longest life possible. That comes from making sure that you give your pet great food, play with them, love them and also give them your time. What that also means is that there is a lot that goes into raising a healthy dog. When your life is busy, it is important to make sure that you can find the time to still play and spend time with your dog and not neglect him or her. There are many simple things that we do not do that mean that we are lowering the life expectancy of our pets.
There are many things that we can do that will allow us to extend the lives of our pets on a regular basis and that means that it is possible to have a better relationship as well as a healthier outcome with your pet by implementing a few changes. Here are the suggestions of some of the best vets in the USA.
- Keep Your Dog a Healthy Weight: Whether we want to admit it or not we are a society of people and pets that are overweight. What that means is that there are around 53% of all pets that are heavy. When your pet is obese, it leads to problems with the quality of life as well as length. The reason is that pets are not able to break down food in the same way that we are. It takes around 2x as long for a pet to be able to breakdown all of the calories that we do. If your pet is overweight, it is important to make sure that you take your pet to the vet and then look at how he or she can have a special diet as well as a workout on a more regular basis.
- Pay Attention to Your Dog’s Dental Health: When it comes to making sure that you can help your dog live a longer and happier life. A big part of that is making sure that you can help your pet have healthy teeth. As many as over 85% of dogs who are over the age of 5 years have trouble with infection as well as with their teeth. With the help of your vet, your dog can have good dental health with proper oral hygiene.
- Take Your Dog to Annual Check Ups: Just like you need a regular checkup, so does your pet. That means that you need to make sure that your pet is going to be healthier as well as ensure that your pet does not have problems that are undetectable that are accumulating. With many situations like cancer, it means that by the time that many of the symptoms have shown up there is a problem, and it is not possible to treat the issue anymore. When the issue is caught early, your pet has a chance of living much longer. The need for physicals increases in pets over the age of 7 significantly.
- Take Your Dog Out for Daily Exercise: You need to take your dog out to the dog park every day to make sure that he or she can expel all of the excess energy that he or she has. That also means that you are giving your dog mental stimulation, bonding with him or her and you are also getting yourself some exercise. Whether or not you realize it, one of the main reasons for depression in animals and people is a lack of physical activity.
- Stop Smoking Near Your Dog: In the same way that smoking is bad for us, it is also bad for your pet. What that means is that there all kinds of issues that can come from smoking around your dog. You need to make sure that you are not smoking around your dog in the same way you would not smoke around a child. It can lead to all kinds of long-term issues that will make your dog die earlier. Your dog can get cancer and many other conditions that otherwise would have been avoided by just not smoking.
Your dog is like your child, and as a good parent, you need to do everything you can to ensure that your dog has a long and happy life. We would love to continue giving you support. Have you ever considered dog training or dog walking? We don’t just have to do basic obedience. We can show you how to play games with your dog. Give us a call 770-695-3096, or email me firstname.lastname@example.org and let get started.
Have a dog-gone great day from the staff of 2 Paws Up Inc Pet Sitting, Dog Walking & Dog Training.